Have you considered aluminum molds instead of steel for rapid prototyping? Molds can be up to 50% cheaper than steel and can reduce cycle times up to 40%.
Plastic provides greater design flexibility than metal and can reduce manufacturing costs. Material selection is a key factor in achieving your design intent.
Nearly 83% of Americans surveyed by the Reshoring Institute said they would pay up to 20% more for products made in the USA.
Prototyping goes beyond fit, form, and function to provide real-world usage data regarding strength, durability and mechanical performance.
- Quickly test performance of multiple plastics
- Confirm part geometry feasibility
- Optimize gate locations
- Identify design flaws early in the process
- Reduce production time
Contact an Xcentric application engineer to discuss prototyping options.
Aluminum Molds Can Be Up To 50% Cheaper Than Steel And Can Reduce Cycle Time Up To 40%.
Aluminum Tooling for Industrial Rapid Prototyping and Low-Volume Production
- Molds can be up to 50% cheaper than steel
- Material fills the mold faster and more evenly
- Superior thermal control can reduce cycle time up to 40%
- Ideal for part designs with complex geometries
- Minimal warp and much better dimentional stability for a higher acceptance rate
Consider aluminum tooling for your next prototype or low-volume run. Contact Xcentric to learn more.
Plastic provides outstanding design flexibility over metal. Plus, it can reduce manufacturing costs and improve the look and feel of your part.
Choosing the optimial plastic will help achieve your expectations for strength, durability, and functionality.
Request a Design for Manufacturability analysis to optimize your part for manufacturability and guide material selection.
In a 2020 Deloitte survey, Manufacturing Industry Outlook 2021, only 21% of respondents were confident in their supply network’s visibility and ability to swiftly flex sourcing, manufacturing, and distribution.
44% of manufacturing executives surveyed by Deloitte plan to recalibrate their supply chain by shifting more toward a regional model in the next year.
Supply Chains Become More Resilient, Digital
In 2021 there will be a greater shift to more resilient digital supply chain models as businesses focus on expanding or transforming capabilities to increase flexibility, visibility and control. All to enable greater responsiveness to continuous disruption, demand changes and uncertainty.
Reshoring Industrial Manufacturing
One of the most significant changes across global trade and the domestic supply chain is the shift toward reshoring.
Consider Xcentric as an approved domestic partner for rapid manufacturing. Contact us to learn more.
The Results Are In
Recent data provides insight into the benefits of reshoring industrial manufacturing.
- Nearly 69% of American manufacturers and industrial companies plan to move manufacturing back to the United States (Thomas Survey)
- 60% of industrial leaders surveyed by Gartner are extremely likley to reshore
- 47% of Americans surveyed belive products made in the USA are higher quality (Reshoring Institute)
Watch the webinar to learn how these strategies work together to remove risk from your supply chain while leveraging it to benefit your business.
Rapid Digital Manufacturing
Xcentric is a USA-based rapid digital manufacturer that connects your entire supply chain:
- On-site subject matter experts collaborate with your entire supply chain for real-time visibility
- Two Michigan-based facilities quickly scale production
- Digital systems optimize production for on-time, on-budget delivery
Contact Xcentric to learn how we can help you build a more resilient supply chain.
Located And Made In The USA Since 1997
Xcentric is an agile rapid manufacturing company with two facilities in Michigan. Our on-site designers, mold makers, engineers, and customer service team are committed to achieving your design intent.
SUPPORT FOR YOUR ENTIRE PROCESS
Xcentric has built a library of design guides and webinar videos using our decades of experience and expertise. Leverage our knowledge base to support your designs.
|DESIGN RESOURCE CENTER||WEBINAR VIDEO LIBRARY|
Working on a project?
Let us help you get that first prototype underway and have that part in your hands in as few as five business days. Our engineers help you through the design process. Get your project started now!