Xcentric Mold & Engineering is seeking a Plastic Injection Mold Designer.
- Mold designer will train and learn under senior designer for comprehensive understanding of our entire mold design process.
- Fully design the mold for manufacturing.
- Manage design related issues throughout the build process.
- Mold designer will identify any customer part issues that may cause molding issues and relay them to sales and/or customer service team with a proposed solution.
- Mold designer will prepare prints for all components with proper dimensions needed and distribute them to the appropriate department for manufacturing.
Solid modeling is preferred but will train a motivated surface designer.
Former/current Tool room, mold maker, or CNC programmer experience is a plus but not required.
Location: Mold designer will be trained at our Shelby office, then transition to the remote work location. Occasional on-site work requirements as needed.
Knowledge of the entire mold design process.
3+ years of demonstrable design of plastic injection molds.
Work schedule: Flexible work week, Monday – Friday. Occasional overtime.
Benefits: Qualified candidates will enjoy competitive pay. Xcentric Mold offers very attractive health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, and a 401k program.
Xcentric Mold & Engineering, headquartered in Clinton Township MI, is a custom quick-turn manufacturer focused on plastic injection molding, CNC machining, and 3-D printing in the rapid manufacturing industry. We differentiate through our advanced technologies, proprietary manufacturing processes, rapid turnaround times, and the competence of our technical engineering team. We produce molds in less than 15 days, parts in less than 5 days, and quotes within hours. Thriving on complexity without compromising a part’s design, we serve over 50+ industries and are a competitive alternative to offshore manufacturing. Xcentric manufactures from two high-tech facilities in Michigan and is ISO 9001:2015/ITAR/UL.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location